Bruce Springsteen: An Illustrated Biography by Meredith Ochs
Through story and images, Bruce Springsteen: An Illustrated Biography chronicles the life of The Boss-one of America's favorite rock stars and one of the biggest-selling artists in history. Since 1968, Springsteen's monolithic music career spans more than half a century and has included dozens of tours, awards, and 21 Grammys.
In-depth chapters track Springsteen through his childhood in Freehold, New Jersey, the formation of the E Street Band, the breakout album Born to Run and mega-hit Born in the U.S.A., all the way to his smash hit, Springsteen on Broadway. Incredibly, as he continues to pack arenas and inspire generations of loyal fans, Springsteen's stage presence, star power, and musicianship are as strong as ever.
Included are 10 removable reproductions of memorabilia, including:
- Springsteen's draft card showing his 4F status
- 1965 concert poster for Springsteen's first band, The Castiles
- Concert poster for Springsteen's band Dr. Zoom and the Sonic Boom
- Concert ad for a Steel Mill concert
- 1975 contact sheet of photos to promote Born to Run
- 1974 postcard to promote Springsteen's appearance at Armadillo World Headquarters
- 1976 print of Springsteen and saxophonist Clarence Clemons onstage
- 1975 concert poster for the E Street Band at the Paramount Theater
- 1987 cover of Rolling Stone
- 1985 concert promo sticker
The memorabilia, coupled with 115 images of Springsteen, both on and off stage, in this illustrated biography shows what words can't always tell, to give you a full and intimate look at the musician's life.
This luxurious, large-format volume is the ultimate collector's item for any fan of The Boss.