Media Theory for A Level: The Essential Revision Guide by Mark Dixon
Media Theory for A Level provides a comprehensive introduction to the 19 academic theories required for A Level Media study. From Roland Barthes to Clay Shirky, from structuralism to civilisationism, this revision book explains the core academic concepts students need to master to succeed in their exams. Each chapter includes:
* Comprehensive explanations of the academic ideas and theories specified for GCE Media study.
* Practical tasks designed to help students apply theoretical concepts to unseen texts and close study products/set texts.
* Exemplar applications of theories to set texts and close study products for all media specifications (AQA, Eduqas, OCR and WJEC).
* Challenge activities designed to help students secure premium grades.
* Glossaries to explain specialist academic terminology.
* Revision summaries and exam preparation activities for all named theorists.
* Essential knowledge reference tables.
Media Theory for A Level is also accompanied by the essentialmediatheory.com website that contains a wide range of supporting resources. Accompanying online material includes:
* Revision flashcards and worksheets.
* A comprehensive bank of exemplar applications that apply academic theory to current set texts and close study products for all media specifications.
* Classroom ready worksheets that teachers can use alongside the book to help students master essential media theory.
* Help sheets that focus on the application of academic theory to unseen text components of A Level exams.