Feelings: Band 02B/Red B (Collins Big Cat Phonics) by Monica Hughes
This gentle non-fiction book examines a range of feelings through the characters of a little boy and his dog.
* Red / Band 2B - A simple non-fiction recount
* Text type - Non-fiction
* The focus phonemes in this book are ou (out), ee, ie (lie) and or. Other phonemes practised are ar, er, ou, th (this), ng, w, oo (look), and y (happy).
* The final spread offers children the opportunity to recap and discuss the boy's feelings.
* This story is paired with a non-fiction title that shares the same theme: Red 2B We are Not Fond of Rat! by Emma Chicester Clark.
* This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.