Child Language: A Resource Book for Students by Jean Stilwell Peccei (formerly at Roehampton University, UK)
- provides a comprehensive overview of language acquisition in children
- introduces students to key theories and concerns such as innateness, the role of input and the relation of language to other cognitive functions
- teaches students the skills needed to analyze children's language
- includes sections on the bilingual child and atypical language development
- provides classic readings by key names in the field, such as Brian MacWhinney, Richard Cromer, Jean Aitchison, and Eve Clark.
The accompanying website to this book can be found at http://www.routledge.com/textbooks/0415281032