Insight Guides Great Breaks Glasgow (Travel Guide eBook) by Insight Guides Travel Guide
Insight Guides Great Breaks Glasgow
Travel made easy. Ask local experts.
Inspirational travel guide making the most of the British Isles through clearly laid-out walks and tours, now with free eBook.
Part of our UEFA Euro 2020 guidebook series. If you're planning to visit Hampden Park in Glasgow to watch Euro 2020 matches, then this pocket guidebook provides all the information you need to make the most of your trip, from ready-made itineraries to help you explore the city when you're not at the game, to essential advice about getting around.
Explore the best of Glasgow with this unique travel guide, packed full of insider information and stunning images. From making sure you don't miss out on must-see, top attractions like Loch Lomond, Glasgow Cathedral and Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, to discovering cultural gems, including a spine-tingling visit to the crumbling temples and monuments of the Necropolis, a splendid trip to the world-class Burrell Collection at the Pollok Estate and a fascinating visit to Glasgow's award-winning Riverside Museum, the easy-to-follow, ready-made walking routes will save you time, and help you plan and enhance your great break in this glorious city.
Features of this travel guide to Glasgow:
- 12 walks and tours: detailed itineraries feature all the best places to visit, including where to eat along the way
- Local highlights: discover the area's top sights and unique attractions, and be inspired by stunning imagery
- Historical and cultural insights: learn more about the Glasgow's rich history with fascinating cultural insights throughout
- Insider recommendations: where to stay and what to do, from active pursuits to themed trips
- Rainy day recommendations: uncover plenty of options, whatever the weather throws at you
- Practical full-colour maps: with every major sight and listing highlighted, the full-colour maps make on-the-ground navigation easy
- Key tips and essential information: from transport to hours of operation, we've got you covered
- The ultimate travel tool: download the free app and eBook to access all this and more from your phone or tablet
- Covers: High Street; The Barras to Saltmarket; Merchant City; City Centre; Going West; From Kelvingrove to the Clyde; West End; South Side; Mackintosh Tour; Excursion to Loch Lomond; Excursion to Clyde Valley
Looking for a comprehensive guide to Scotland? Check out Insight Guides Scotland for a detailed and entertaining look at all the country has to offer.
About Insight Guides: Insight Guides is a pioneer of full-colour guide books, with almost 50 years' experience of publishing high-quality, visual travel guides with user-friendly, modern design. We produce around 400 full-colour print guide books and maps, as well as phrase books, picture-packed eBooks and apps to meet different travellers' needs. Insight Guides' unique combination of beautiful travel photography and focus on history and culture create a unique visual reference and planning tool to inspire your next adventure.