Voice User Interface Projects: Build voice-enabled applications using Dialogflow for Google Home and Alexa Skills Kit for Amazon Echo by Henry Lee
Develop intelligent voice-empowered applications and Chatbots that not only understand voice commands but also respond to itKey Features
- Target multiple platforms by creating voice interactions for your applications
- Explore real-world examples of how to produce smart and practical virtual assistants
- Build a virtual assistant for cars using Android Auto in Xamarin
From touchscreen and mouse-click, we are moving to voice- and conversation-based user interfaces. By adopting Voice User Interfaces (VUIs), you can create a more compelling and engaging experience for your users. Voice User Interface Projects teaches you how to develop voice-enabled applications for desktop, mobile, and Internet of Things (IoT) devices.
This book explains in detail VUI and its importance, basic design principles of VUI, fundamentals of conversation, and the different voice-enabled applications available in the market. You will learn how to build your first voice-enabled application by utilizing DialogFlow and Alexa's natural language processing (NLP) platform. Once you are comfortable with building voice-enabled applications, you will understand how to dynamically process and respond to the questions by using NodeJS server deployed to the cloud. You will then move on to securing NodeJS RESTful API for DialogFlow and Alexa webhooks, creating unit tests and building voice-enabled podcasts for cars. Last but not the least you will discover advanced topics such as handling sessions, creating custom intents, and extending built-in intents in order to build conversational VUIs that will help engage the users.
By the end of the book, you will have grasped a thorough knowledge of how to design and develop interactive VUIs.What you will learn
- Understand NLP platforms with machine learning
- Exploit best practices and user experiences in creating VUI
- Build voice-enabled chatbots
- Host, secure, and test in a cloud platform
- Create voice-enabled applications for personal digital assistant devices
- Develop a virtual assistant for cars