The Allotment Book: Seasonal Planner and Cookbook by Andi Clevely
This beautifully illustrated follow-up to Andi Clevely's bestseller, The Allotment Book, celebrates the joys of both growing and cooking your own produce. Perfect for the complete beginner or the experienced allotmenteer, The Allotment Book: Seasonal Planner and Cookbook will ensure your crops thrive and your table is laden all year round.
Allotment gardening is in the grip of a renaissance, with over 300,000 allotments in the UK and a new breed of allotment enthusiast, whose typical characteristic is that they are not typical. With more young professionals on allotments than ever before, as well families and even groups of friends embracing the vibrancy of allotment culture, people are mucking in to cultivate their own crops. This is the perfect book for those with a passion for the outdoors and a taste for food warm from the sun.
Andi Clevely helps you to assess your plot and decide what to grow. Once your plot is up and running, he guides you through the year season by season, reminding you of essential tasks, preparing you for extreme weather, and teaching techniques such as composting and crop rotation. Each section celebrates a particular crop and offers plenty of opportunity for using your produce with tempting recipes as well as ideas for storing and preserving.
- Essential growing tips and techniques
- Checklists of key tasks and timings - when to sow, plant, and harvest
- Crop focus - exploring the tendencies and benefits of particular varieties
- Eco-friendly suggestions for pest control and disease management.
- Ergonomics and safety advice
- Tales of successful allotmenteers and allotment culture
- Over 100 beautifully photographed seasonal recipes for all occasions