Pond Dipping: Band 02B/Red B (Collins Big Cat Phonics) by Alison Hawes
If you dip a net into a pond, what will you see when you scoop it out? This non-fiction book supports work on nature and the world around you.
- Red / Band 2B - A simple non-fiction recount.
- Text type - Non-fiction
- The focus phonemes in this book are x, w and ue.
Other phonemes practised are ou, sh, th (this), th (thin), ng, ee and oo (look).
- The labelled illustration on the final spread enables children to discuss what they have learned about pond life.
- Alison Hawes also wrote Red 2A Pet Cat, Big Cat and The Big Red Bus; Red 2B Pond Dipping.
- This book has been levelled for Reading Recovery.
- This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.