The Hat Maker and the Chimps: Band 04/Blue (Collins Big Cat Phonics) by Adam Guillain
The Hat Maker sets off on his weekly visit to market, armed with an overflowing cart of hats to sell - but when he stops for a nap in the woods a group of chimps take the opportunity to steal his hats. Will the Hat Maker learn a valuable lesson, or will the chimps always be one step ahead? This story, set in Tanzania, was written by Adam Guillain.
- Blue/Band 4 books offer longer, repeated patterns with sequential events and integrated literary and natural language.
- Text type: A humorous story.
- Children can trace the Hat Maker's route from his shop, through the woods and to the market on pages 14-15, providing plenty of discussion opportunities.
- Curriculum links: Knowledge and Understanding of the world.
- This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.