World of Books Group reveals innovative new chapter of fundraising with Virgin Money Giving
- World of Books Group, has partnered with Virgin Money Giving to provide an innovative donation opportunity for all UK charities powered by their trade-in site Ziffit
- Partnership provides charities with a new income opportunity during the Coronavirus pandemic
- The Ziffit service allows fundraisers to raise money without leaving their home
- Opportunity for donors and charities to recycle unwanted books, games and DVDs into cash donations free of charge
- Minimum home collection weight reduced from 10kg to 5kg
World of Books Group has partnered with not-for-profit fundraising platform Virgin Money Giving, in an innovative partnership which will help fundraisers maximise their donation potential via the service provided by Ziffit - to drive additional money to charities.
At a time when charities and fundraisers are looking for new ways to raise much needed funds, donors and charities are able to recycle not only their unwanted books but also DVD’s and computer games using the free trade-in online service. Donors enter the details of their unwanted books, games and DVD’s and get a cash value back from Ziffit which they can then pass, via Virgin Money Giving, directly to their charity. All of the funds raised will go to their charity and if they are a UK tax payer that donation can be bolstered by an additional 25% in Gift Aid too. The donation can be direct to the charity or added to a fundraisers’ total.
This Ziffit and Virgin Money Giving partnership promotes sustainability and helps people to reuse and recycle through innovation and technology, with charities and fundraisers as the beneficiaries. Charities, regardless of size, will be able to benefit from the partnership by recycling unwanted books, games and DVDs, meaning a new and, in some cases vital income stream for those who operate without a retail network.
Richard Salt, Group Commercial Director at World of Books Group said: “We’re excited to partner with Virgin Money Giving, a business that is so clearly aligned to our values and purpose, protecting the planet by enabling more goods to be reused and generating additional income for charities and good causes. Our partnership demonstrates how re-commerce technology can be used for good and presents an opportunity for individuals to raise more funds for the causes they care about most.”
Jo Barnett, Executive Director at Virgin Money Giving said: “I am delighted to be able to offer an innovative new way for people to give to all charities across the UK. Our partnership with World of Books Group, the largest second-hand book retailer in the world, will help drive additional donations and support sustainable trading at a time when both are greatly needed. This innovative partnership will see us work together to help fundraisers and organisations raise new money for charities through the donation of books and media. This is a unique way for donors to be able to give extra by donating their unwanted books and media especially when they can do this from the comfort of their own home.
“Fundraisers are always looking for innovative ways of obtaining sponsorship and partnering with World of Books provides them with an easy way to raise more money for their chosen charity fundraiser. It allows books and media to be donated instead of cash meaning the fundraiser can maximise their donations opportunity whilst recycling their unwanted items.”
Amy Greenacre, Head of Brand & Impact at World of Books, can be contacted for comment [email protected] | D: +44(0) 1903 708103
Virgin Money Giving Press Office, can be contacted for comment [email protected] | D: +44(0) 800 066 5998
Notes to Editors
About World of Books Group
- World of Books Group is comprised of re-commerce technology businesses: World of Books, Ziffit and Shopiago. World of Books is a leading global seller is used books online to missions of customers; directly, though third-party platforms and wholesale partners. Ziffit is a free and easy to use app and website to sell unwanted books, CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays and games for cash. One of the largest trade-in sites in the UK the Ziffit business model is 100% circular.
- In 2008 World of Books was founded with an ethos to do good to help charities and to make a positive impact. Over the last decade they have grown from a start-up into a leading global seller of quality used books and pioneers in re-use and recycling. Their inventory has grown to over 5 million in stock, and they sell a book somewhere in the world every two seconds
- World of books are an accredited B Corp. Certified B Corporations (B Corps™) are for-profit companies that use the power of business to build a more inclusive and sustainable economy.
- Ziffit has been developed to help close the loop on new book purchase, use and reuse. The innovative application of technology, to help individuals, charities and commercial partners to generate additional income, supports a wider circular economy vision.
- World of Books Group vision is to be the leading seller of used books globally, while helping people to reuse and recycle for less through innovation and technology.
About Virgin Money Giving
- Virgin Money Giving is the UK’s largest not-for-profit online fundraising website from Virgin Money and was established in 2009. Virgin Money uses its infrastructure and expertise as a financial services business to ensure that Virgin Money Giving is efficient and secure.
- In October 2019, Virgin Money Giving turned ten, and since launch, has helped over 12,500 UK charities and 1 million fundraisers raise over £800 million to support their work in the UK and overseas.
- Fundraisers can personalise their fundraising pages, send out email alerts and manage their fundraising events. They can include their own content, photos and links to their page as well as customise messages for their supporters and link their page to social networking sites. Virgin Money Giving provides fundraising ideas and tips, offering help and advice on how to raise more for charity. In addition to supporting individual fundraisers, Virgin Money Giving also supports Appeals, Corporate and In Memory fundraising.
- Virgin Money Giving is the official fundraising partner of events that include the Virgin Money London Marathon, Swim Serpentine, Prudential RideLondon and the Royal Parks Half Marathon.