Treasure Islands: Tax Havens and the Men who Stole the World by Nicholas Shaxson
* Dirty money, tax havens and the offshore system describe the ugliest and most secretive chapter in the history of global economic affairs.
* Tax havens have declared war on honest, law-abiding people around the world.
* Wealthy individuals hold over ten trillion dollars offshore.
* Tax havens are the most important single reason why poor people and poor countries stay poor.
* Britain and the United States are the world's two most important tax havens.
* Tax havens now lie at the very heart of the global economy. Over half of world trade, and most international lending, is processed through them.
* Tax havens have been instrumental in nearly every major economic event, in every big financial scandal, and in every financial crisis since the 1970s, including the latest global economic crisis. Treasure Islands shows how this happens and reveals what the economics text books will not tell you.