Criminology: The Key Concepts by Martin O'Brien (University of Chester, UK)
Criminology: The Key Concepts is an authoritative and comprehensive study guide and reference resource that will take you through all the concepts, approaches, issues and institutions central to the study of crime in contemporary society.
Topics covered in this easy to use A-Z guide include:
- policing, sentencing and the justice system
- types of crime, including corporate crime, cybercrime, sex and hate crimes
- feminist, marxist and cultural approaches to criminology
- terrorism, state crime, war crimes and human rights
- social issues such as anti-social behaviour, domestic violence and pornography
- criminal psychology and deviance
Fully cross-referenced, with extensive suggestions for further reading and in-depth study of the topics discussed, this is an essential reference guide for students of Criminology at all levels.