Madeira Marco Polo Travel Guide and Handbook by Marco Polo
The Madeira Marco Polo Travel Guide and Handbook offers expert, in-depth advice, ideal for planning your own, independent trip. From detailed cultural information to Marco Polo's renowned Insider Tips, whatever your mood or interest, this detailed yet concise Madeira travel guide is the perfect travel companion.
Inside the Madeira Marco Polo Travel Guide and Handbook:
- Pearl of the Atlantic: Let Marco Polo's Madeira guide book lead you into rugged high mountains and deep green valleys, along rugged, wave-battered coasts, into glorious floral displays, picturesque coastal towns and the attractive capital Funchal.
- Discover & Understand: Our innovative infographics condense large amounts of data into a format which is easy to understand. Infographics illustrate, amongst other things, Madeira at a glance, the flora of Madeira and its distinctive water channels, or levadas.
- In the mood for: Fun suggestions help you to experience the variety of Madeira, whatever your personal preferences and interests.
- Tours: Discover Madeira! Four exciting tours explore the variety of the island, taking in magnificent mountainous terrain, the spectacular coast and lovely mountain and fishing villages. Lovers of basketry and whales will find what they are looking for at the eastern tip of the island, while the tour of the north and south coasts in the central part of the island offers views in every direction. A natural lava swimming pool and an impressive mountain pass are among the highlights of Madeira's highlands. All suggested tours are plotted on detailed maps and combine the best and most interesting places to see, with tips for exciting stops along the way.
- Experience & Enjoy: All the things which make a trip unforgettable: from eating and drinking, shopping, sightseeing, museums & galleries, staying the night, travelling with children, festivals and going out in the evening. What are the island's typical dishes and where can you sample them? What is there to do with children? Answers to these and many other questions can be found in this chapter.
- In depth knowledge: Curated and comprehensive advice offering detailed, cultural information and thorough planning information to help you get the best out of your trip. Insider Tips and special Marco Polo insights reveal hidden gems and well-kept secrets for the curious traveller. Discover where you can find the best lacework, where you can join a fishing boat to go dolphin and whale watching, and why you shouldn't miss a ride in a wicker basket sled in this travel guide to Madeira.
- 3D illustration: illustrates the topography of the island.
- Large pull-out map: Includes a separate pull-out map handily placed in a high quality plastic wallet at the back of the book, which can also be used as a storage pocket.
- Handy book band: the colourful, elastic, book band is a really useful bookmark and will keep any loose tickets and notes secure inside your guide.