National 4 & 5 English: Second Edition by Jane Cooper
Exam Board: SQA
Level: National 5
First Teaching: September 2017
First Exam: Summer 2018
This new edition of the National 4 & 5 English textbook is fully up to date for National 4 and 5 courses, including the latest updates to National 5. It recognises the removal of Purpose and Audience from both courses, and includes new material for Reading for Understanding, Analysis, and Evaluation at National 5, and for the National 5 Spoken Language Assessment.
Throughout the book, the necessary skills or areas of knowledge are introduced gradually, tested with brief activities, demonstrated again, and then reinforced with end-of-chapter activities and questions that mirror SQA examination papers.
Ensure your students are prepared for every aspect of their assessment with fully comprehensive coverage of the new syllabus requirements:
- updated to support the new course specification and address all skills covered in the SQA examinations
- reflects changes in the set text list
- provides thorough exam preparation, with Practice Exercises, and associated answers and mark schemes
- includes a new focused revision tips section
- written by a highly experienced and respected author
- provides an engaging and practical pathway through the syllabus
- organised to make it easy to plan, manage and monitor student progress.