BGE S1-S3 Mathematics & Numeracy: Third Level by Dr Helen Kelly
Syllabus: CfE (Curriculum for Excellence, from Education Scotland) and SQA
Level: BGE S1-S3: Third Level
Subject: Mathematics and Numeracy
Boost attainment, engagement and confidence with this progressive approach to Third Level Maths. Pupils are guided through mathematical concepts with worked examples, plenty of practice and opportunities to check that skills are secure before moving on.
Covering all CfE Third Level Benchmarks for Numeracy and Mathematics, this ready-made and fully differentiated BGE S1-S3 course puts progression for every pupil at the heart of your curriculum.
- Make new learning manageable: Each concept is introduced through step-by-step explanations and rigorously worked examples, set within real life contexts that are relevant to pupils
- Apply knowledge and practise skills: Pupils are encouraged to test and explore their understanding of new concepts by completing exercises that gradually build in difficulty - with answers provided at the back of the book
- Meet the needs of each pupil in your class: The explanations and activities are designed to ensure accessibility for those with low prior attainment, while coverage of higher order thinking skills will challenge and extend more able pupils
- Effectively check and assess progress: 'Check-up' exercises at the end of each chapter consolidate learning and support formative assessment, helping you monitor progression against the Experiences & Outcomes and Benchmarks (with additional assessments and worksheets in the separate Planning & Assessment Pack)
- Lay firm foundations for National qualifications: The skills, knowledge and understanding established through the course will set pupils up for success at National 4, National 5 and beyond
- Deliver the 'responsibility for all' Es and Os: Plenty of activities that address literacy and health and wellbeing skills are threaded through the book