Supervising the Doctorate by Sara Delamont
Journal of Adult and Continuing Education
- How can I get my students to produce good theses on time?
- My last student failed! What could I have done to prevent it?
- I am supposed to train the new supervisors in my faculty; where can I get some good ideas?
- New material on supervising professional doctoral theses
- A new chapter on the changing policy context in higher education
- Latest research findings
- Experiential material from staff development sessions throughout the United Kingdom and New Zealand
Grounded in research, this book is invaluable to academics in all disciplines. At a time when there is increasing pressure to ensure 'quality' provision, to improve the doctoral completion rate, and to turn out employable graduates, the need for a practical guide is obvious. An essential item for every academic's bookshelf.