500 Tips for Tutors by Sally Brown
This book presents over 500 practical suggestions designed to help tutors establish active learning amongst their students. Divided into useful sections the tips cover the entire range of teaching and learning situations and comprise a 'start anywhere', dip-in resource suitable for both the newcomer and the old hand.
Intended mainly for the university or college lecturer involved in learner-centred learning, this resource offers fresh ideas and food for thought on six broad areas of the job:
- getting the students going
- starting off, and working together
- the programme itself - lectures, assignments and feedback
- helping students to learn from resources
- assessment: demonstrating evidence of achievement
- skills for career and life in general.
This lively and stimulating book will prove invaluable to lecturers, tutors, teachers, trainers and staff developers.