The Ultimate Guide to the Munros: The Southern Highlands by Ralph Storer
From the pen of a dedicated Munro bagger comes The Ultimate Guide to everything you've wished the other books had told you before you set off. The lowdown on the state of the path, advice on avoiding bogs and tricky situations, tips on how to determine which bump is actually the summit in misty weather... this is the only guide to the Munros you'll ever need. The comprehensive rucksack guide features:
- Detailed description of all practicable ascent routes up all 46 Southern Highland Munros and 21 Tops.
- Easy to follow quality and difficulty ratings, enabling you to choose a munro for any level of experience.
- Annotated colour photographs and OS maps.
- The history of each Munro and Top from the development of the Munro's Tables from 1891 onwards.
- Notes on technical difficulties, foul weather concerns, winter conditions and scenery.
A brilliant book for any hillwalker - as indispensable as your boots.