Acting: Make It Your Business: How to Avoid Mistakes and Achieve Success as a Working Actor by Paul Russell
In ACTING: Make It Your Business, Second Edition, award-winning casting director Paul Russell puts the power to land jobs and thrive in any medium-stage, film, television, or the Internet-directly into the hands of the actor.
This blunt and practical guide offers a wealth of advice on auditioning, marketing, and networking, combining traditional techniques with those best suited for the digital age. Well-known actors and powerful agents and managers make cameos throughout, offering newcomers and working professionals alike a clear-eyed, uncensored perspective on survival and advancement within the entertainment industry. This second edition has been updated and expanded to include the following:
- More stars of screen and stage sharing acting career strategies
- Digital audition techniques for screen and stage, including how best to self-tape
- New tools to master modern marketing, both digital and traditional with innovation
- Expanded actor resource listings
- Additional bicoastal talent agents and managers spilling secrets for obtaining representation, and tips for successful actor-to-representation partnerships
- New insights on audition techniques
An excellent resource for career actors, beginning and amateur actors, as well as students in Acting I and II, Auditions, and Business of Acting courses, ACTING: Make It Your Business provides readers with invaluable tools to build a successful, long-lasting acting career.