100 Facts - Penguins by Miles Kelly
100 Facts Penguins is bursting with incredible images, fun activities and exactly 100 awesome facts. Children will learn everything they need to know about these fascinating birds.
100 Facts Penguins includes key topics about the icy world of penguins in easily-digestible, numbered facts. Every page is covered in amazing illustrations and photographs that clarify difficult points for children. This interesting penguin book for children aged 6+ is perfect for the classroom and home.
Essential topics covered in 100 Facts Penguins:
- The whole family from the smallest species to the Emperor penguin
- Living in temperatures below zero
- Penguin predators and human contact in Antarctica
Examples of 'I don't believe it' fascinating facts:
- Penguins have excellent vision and can swim to depths where there is little or no light.
- Adelie penguin parents sometimes have to travel up to 120 kilometres in search of food to feed their chicks.
- A male Emperor penguin goes without food for up to 115 days while it courts, mates, incubates its egg and looks after its chick. During this time it can lose up to one-third of its body weight!
Activities to make learning accessible and interactive include:
- Quiz question: Skuas eat penguin eggs. True or false?
- Penguins can't fly, but many other unusual animals can. Do some research to find out more about this list
- Quiz question: Where do Yellow-eyed penguins live?
Author: Camilla de la Bedoyere
Consultant: Steve Parker
Dimensions: 9 X 12
Format: Paperback with holographic foil