Designing Microsoft ASP.NET Applications by - Microsoft Corporation
ASP.NET, the next generation of Active Server Pages, provides a new programming model based on the Microsoft .NET Framework for writing Web applications. Learn about ASP.NET development-with reusable code samples in languages such as Microsoft Visual Basic .NET and Microsoft Visual C#-in DESIGNING MICROSOFT ASP.NET APPLICATIONS. This book provides an in-depth look at how to create ASP.NET applications and how they work under the covers. You'll learn how to create Web Forms and reusable components and how to develop XML Web services. You'll also learn how to create database-enabled ASP.NET applications that use XML (Extensible Markup Language) and ADO.NET (a new version of Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects).
Coverage in this guide includes:
- Managed code and the common language runtime
- Overview of the .NET Framework and languages
- The ASP.NET development model
- Creating and using Web Forms and controls
- Creating ASP.NET components
- Balancing server vs. client functionality
- Getting and displaying data: XML and ADO.NET
- Creating and consuming XML Web services
INCLUDED ON CD-ROM:
- Sample source code in Microsoft Visual Basic .NET and Microsoft Visual C# for all the book's examples
For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.