Lonely Planet Melbourne & Victoria by Lonely Planet
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Melbourne & Victoria is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Get lost in Melbourne's laneways, drive the Great Ocean Road or hear the roar of the fans at the Melbourne Cricket Ground; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Melbourne & Victoria and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Melbourne & Victoria:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, politics, sports, cuisine, wine
- Free, convenient pull-out Melbourne map (included in print version), plus over 50 maps
- Covers City Centre, Fitzroy, Carlton, St Kilda, Richmond, Great Ocean Road, the Grampians, the Mornington Peninsula and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Melbourne & Victoria , our most comprehensive guide to Melbourne & Victoria, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
Looking for just the highlights of Melbourne? Check out Pocket Melbourne, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and phrasebooks for 120 languages, and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, 12 international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more, enabling you to explore every day. Lonely Planet enables the curious to experience the world fully and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves, near or far from home.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)