Fodor's Essential Portugal by Fodor's Travel Guides
Whether you want to explore trendy Lisbon, go on a wine-tasting trip in the Douro Valley, or lounge on the beaches of the Algarve, the local Fodor's travel experts in Portugal are here to help! Fodor's Essential Portugal is part of the award-winning Fodor's Essential series recognized by Booklist as the Best Travel Guide in 2019. This guidebook is packed with maps, carefully curated recommendations, and everything else you need to simplify your trip-planning process and make the most of your time.
This new edition has been fully-redesigned with an easy-to-read layout, fresh information, and beautiful color photos.
Fodor's Essential Portugal includes:
- AN ILLUSTRATED ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE to the top things to see and do
- MULTIPLE ITINERARIES to effectively organize your days and maximize your time
- MORE THAN 20 DETAILED MAPS to help you navigate confidently
- NEW COLOR PHOTOS throughout to spark your wanderlust!
- UP-TO-DATE and HONEST RECOMMENDATIONS for the best sights, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, shopping, performing arts, activities, side-trips, and more
- PHOTO-FILLED BEST OF FEATURES on Best Beaches, Best Vineyards and Wine-Tasting Experiences, and Best Free Things to Do
- TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS including when to go, getting around, beating the crowds, and saving time and money
- SPECIAL FEATURES on Portugal's Most Impressive Castles and Stone Villages and Portuguese Food and Wine
- NEW COVERAGE of the Azores
- HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL INSIGHTS providing rich context on the local people, politics, art, architecture, cuisine, music, geography and more
- LOCAL WRITERS to help you find the under-the-radar gems
- PORTUGUESE LANGUAGE PRIMER with useful words and essential phrases
- COVERS: Lisbon, Porto, the Algarve, Estoril, the Douro Valley, Alentejo, Sintra, Obidos, Serra da Estrela, Coimbra, Monsanto, Braga, and the Azores
Planning on visiting Spain or spending more time in Lisbon? Check out Fodor's Essential Spain, Fodor's Barcelona, and Fodor's Inside Lisbon
ABOUT FODOR'S AUTHORS: Each Fodor's Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor's has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years. For more travel inspiration, you can sign up for our travel newsletter at fodors.com/newsletter/signup, or follow us @FodorsTravel on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We invite you to join our friendly community of travel experts at fodors.com/community to ask any other questions and share your experience with us!
*Important note for digital editions: The digital edition of this guide does not contain all the images or text included in the physical edition.