Malware, Rootkits & Botnets A Beginner's Guide by Christopher Elisan
Learn how to improve the security posture of your organization and defend against some of the most pervasive network attacks. Malware, Rootkits & Botnets: A Beginner's Guide explains the nature, sophistication, and danger of these risks and offers best practicesfor thwarting them.
After reviewing the current threat landscape, the book describes the entire threat lifecycle, explaining how cybercriminals create, deploy, and manage the malware, rootkits, and botnets under their control. You'll learn proven techniques for identifying and mitigating these malicious attacks. Templates, checklists, and examples give you the hands-on help you need to get startedprotecting your network right away.
Malware, Rootkits & Botnets: A Beginner's Guidefeatures:
- Lingo--Common security terms defined so that you're in the know on the job
- IMHO--Frank and relevant opinions based on theauthor's years of industry experience
- Budget Note--Tips for getting security technologies and processes into your organization's budget
- In Actual Practice--Exceptions to the rules of security explained in real-world contexts
- Your Plan--Customizable checklists you can use on the job now
- Into Action--Tips on how, why, and when to applynew skills and techniques at work