Microsoft Windows XP Inside Out by Carl Siechert
Hey, you know your way around a desktop-so now dig into Windows XP and really put your PC to work! Fully revised for Windows XP Service Pack 2 and other recent updates, this supremely organized reference now packs even more timesaving solutions, troubleshooting tips, and handy workarounds in concise, fast-answer format. It's all muscle and no fluff. Discover the best and fastest ways to perform everyday tasks, and challenge yourself to new levels of Windows mastery!
- Build on what you already know about Windows and quickly dive into what's new
- NEW-Master security essentials, including updates from Windows XP Service Pack 2
- Set up your own network; manage shared folders and printers
- NEW-Produce your own music CDs and create movies with special effects
- Learn security tactics for Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Manage browser add-ons and help block pop-ups
- Employ smart startup and shutdown options
- Get expert tips for editing-and monitoring-the Registry
- Automate routine tasks with scripts and batch programs
- Tune, tweak, and troubleshoot your system
Covers Windows XP Service Pack 2
For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.