Intercultural Communication: An Advanced Resource Book for Students by Adrian Holliday (Canterbury Christchurch University, UK)
Routledge Applied Linguistics is a series of comprehensive textbooks, providing students and researchers with the support they need for advanced study in the core areas of English language and Applied Linguistics.
Each book in the series guides readers through three main sections, enabling them to explore and develop major themes within the discipline.
* Section A, Introduction, establishes the key terms and concepts and extends readers' techniques of analysis through practical application.
* Section B, Extension, brings together influential articles, sets them in context, and discusses their contribution to the field.
* Section C, Exploration, builds on knowledge gained in the first two sections, setting thoughtful tasks around further illustrative material. This enables readers to engage more actively with the subject matter and encourages them to develop their own research responses.
Throughout the book, topics are revisited, extended, interwoven and deconstructed, with the reader's understanding strengthened by tasks and follow-up questions.
This highly-successful text introduces and explores the dynamic area of intercultural communication, and the updated third edition features:
* new readings by Prue Holmes, Fred Dervin, Lei Guo and Summer Harlow, Miriam Sobre-Denton and Nilaniana Bardham, which reflect the most recentdevelopments in the field
* refreshed and expanded examples and exercises including new material on the world of business, radicalisation and cultural fundamentalism
* extended discussion of topics which include cutting-edge material on cosmopolitanism, immigrants' intercultural communication and cultural travel
* revised further reading.
Written by experienced teachers and researchers in the field, Intercultural Communication, Third edition provides an essential textbook for advanced students studying this topic.