Lonely Planet Coastal Queensland & the Great Barrier Reef Lonely Planet
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Coastal Queensland & the Great Barrier Reef 8 is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Dive the Great Barrier Reef, walk through the magnificent Daintree Rainforest, then surf and play on the Gold Coast -all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Queensland and the Great Barrier Reef and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Coastal Queensland & the Great Barrier Reef:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, cinema, music, politics, climate change, outdoor activities
- Covers Brisbane, Gold Coast, Noosa, Fraser Island, Whitsundays, Townsville, Cairns, Great Barrier Reef, Daintree Rainforest and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Coastal Queensland & the Great Barrier Reef , our most comprehensive guide to Queensland & the Great Barrier Reef, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
Looking for a guide focused on Brisbane? Check out Lonely Planet Pocket Brisbane & the Gold Coast, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and phrasebooks for 120 languages, and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, 12 international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more, enabling you to explore every day. Lonely Planet enables the curious to experience the world fully and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves, near or far from home.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)